Friday, October 26, 2007

Food and odds and ends

We discussed food briefly Thursday night b/c some people were feeling stretched to provide food for the class. The class feeling seemed to be that it would be unfair to those who have already brought food to let people pull out now, and that we should wait until next semester to open up this conversation again. Gosia also pointed out that you save money in the long run b/c you don't have to bring your own food as much. If you are having a tough week, and your day is going to be really hard for you, you can contact me privately by email, and I can help you switch around the scheduling, or work something else out. I hope this will be fair to everyone, and allow a little wiggle room if people are really in a bind. If people have other thoughts, please comment.

Also, I mentioned a bunch of blog stuff last night. One thing that I think is helpful to all of us is that we can (and should) edit our own profiles, which will replace the bios at the bottom of the blog. To do this, there is an edit profile link on the "Dashboard" page. I will get to class on Tuesday at 5:30 w/my computer for anyone who wants to go through any blog stuff w/me. If people want to meet me other times, email. If you have thoughts or questions, comment below. Thanks All

5 comments:

Lily said...

Oh, you can get some email alerts!! When you comment (possibly when you post) you can check off "Email follow up comments" This may only work if you have gmail, but I don't know. I'll try to see if I can figure out how this works better.

Ariela said...

I can't figure out how to add this to my iGoogle page. If you know, please let me know.

Lily said...

To add stuff to iGoogle, click on "Subscribe to: Post Atom" at the bottom of the posts, and choose Google. To get one specific post w/comments, click on the post, so you can see the comments and do the same thing. To get notification of comments by email, you have to post a comment first, and under the text box for "Leave your comment" select the option to have comments emailed to you. I posted earlier w/more detailed instructions, and will be happy to go over this in person on Tuesday before class.

Steph said...

how do we get to this dashboard page?

Lily said...

The "Dashboard" is the main page before you enter the blog. To get there from the blog click on the weird looking white B in an orange square (It's the blogger icon) all the way in the very upper left corner. This is the link back to the dashboard.